Adair acted as CDM Co-ordinator on this complex 16-storey strip-out and refurbishment that included:
- adding three new Grade A floors
- reconstructing the building behind the original façade, which included new aluminium rain screen cladding
- sustainability features such as a green roof and terraces on the top floor, and Brise Soleil to manage solar gain
- three new internal lifts and two external lifts
- high-specification executive suites
- increased use of natural light via new floor-to-ceiling windows.
When completed the 149,000 ft2 project obtained a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating.
We advised the overseas client of its wide-ranging duties under the Construction Design and Management Regulations (2007), which is especially important as the client was using overseas labour and imported materials. This included recommending actions to ensure CDM compliance, such as the use of a health and safety advisor.
|Date:||2008 to 2010|